T20 World Cup 2024: Not Virat Kohli or Rohit Sharma! Yuvraj Singh names India's key player for WC triumph

Former India cricketer Yuvraj Singh opened up about the key player that must perform for Team India in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024. He believes that No.1 T20 batter Suryakumar Yadav needs to perform for the team because he can change the complexion of the game in 15 balls. The upcoming ICC T20 World Cup 2024 will be another opportunity for the Indian Cricket Team to end their title drought and claim the ICC title after 10 long years. The mega event will take place in June this year in the United...

Apr 26, 2024 - 16:57
T20 World Cup 2024: Not Virat Kohli or Rohit Sharma! Yuvraj Singh names India's key player for WC triumph
Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli and Yuvraj Singh

Former India cricketer Yuvraj Singh opened up about the key player that must perform for Team India in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024. He believes that No.1 T20 batter Suryakumar Yadav needs to perform for the team because he can change the complexion of the game in 15 balls.

The upcoming ICC T20 World Cup 2024 will be another opportunity for the Indian Cricket Team to end their title drought and claim the ICC title after 10 long years. The mega event will take place in June this year in the United States of America and the Caribbean.

With the deadline to announce the squad for the T20 World Cup 2024 is 1st May, it is expected that the Indian team for the tournament is likely to be announced in the coming week. The core Indian players have been performing well in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 and management would be hoping that they carry their form.

The likes of Virat Kohli, skipper Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant, and Jasprit Bumrah have been in terrific touch in the league. Them going into World Cup 2024 with a rich vein of form will be a massive positive for the team. 

With the team announcement around the corner, Yuvraj Singh believes that Suryakumar Yadav will be India's key player. He also feels that on the bowling front, Jasprit Bumrah and Yuzvendra Chahal will also be the vital cog in the wheel for the team. Speaking to ICC, he stated: 

"Suryakumar Yadav (is India's key player). Because the way he plays, he can change the complexion of a game in 15 balls. And he is definitely a surety…for India to win this T20 World Cup, Surya is going to be the key. 

"I think Jasprit Bumrah is also the key with the bowling and I would like to see a leg-spinner in the squad as well, like Yuzvendra Chahal as he has been bowling really well. But being a batter, I would say Suryakumar Yadav (is the key player).”

Suryakumar Yadav has been a class apart in the T20s. It's fair to say that there is no one close to him when it comes to the shortest format of the game. He has been in the golden touch in IPL as well and has slammed two half-centuries so far.

I would like to see Shivam Dube in the squad Yuvraj Singh on India's left-field selection for T20 World Cup 2024

Yuvraj Singh also spoke about India's left-field selection for the T20 World Cup 2024. He believes that Shivam Dube should be there in the squad and can be a game-changer for the team in the tournament. He highlighted CSK's batter form in IPL 2024. He stated: 

"I would like to see Shivam Dube in the squad. He has been in and out of the (India) team, but this IPL he has been batting very well and he is someone who can be the game-changer. There are a lot of other guys who have been playing for a while now, but I would like to see Shivam Dube in the mix."

Shivam Dube has been destroying spinners in the ongoing IPL 2024. He has been the main reason behind Chennai Super Kings' success in the tournament. The batter has scored 311 runs from just 8 matches at a strike rate of 170.

What's Your Reaction?

dislike

love

funny

angry

sad

wow

viralnews360 I'm an IT whiz by day, a wordsmith by night. With a keyboard in hand and a head full of code, I translate the complexities of the digital world into engaging stories for the folks at ViralNews360. When I'm not deciphering algorithms or wrangling servers, you'll find me exploring the latest tech trends and crafting articles that inform, inspire, and maybe even spark a few laughs. Join me on the journey as I bridge the gap between tech and everyday life, one byte at a time!